What to Do After Your Valley View Basement Floods
Picture this: You wake up one morning in your Newburgh Heights home and you head downstairs. After the thunderstorm that lasted all night, you step on your floor and realize that it is wet! There are some things you should do right away to eliminate any further damage.
- Remove standing water: Use a wet/dry vacuum, mop, or towels to remove as much standing water as possible.
- Dispose of damaged items: Throw away any items that have been damaged by the floodwater, such as furniture, carpets, and other porous items.
- Clean and disinfect: Use a mixture of bleach and water to clean and disinfect all surfaces that have been affected by the floodwater.
- Dry out the area: Use fans, dehumidifiers, and open windows to help dry out the area.
- Check for structural damage: If the floodwater was deep enough, it may have caused structural damage to your home or business. Have a professional inspect the area to make sure it is safe.
- Contact your insurance company: Contact your insurance company to file a claim and get the help you need to repair any damage caused by the flood.
- Call your local SERVPRO for water damage restoration.
SERVPRO of Beachwood and Cleveland Northeast is your leading local fire and water restoration company. We work with your insurance and arrive quickly to help make the water disaster look, “Like it never even happened.” For immediate assistance give us a call, (216) 464-4498, or visit our Website for more information.