How to Prevent Fires in Your Valley View Home
House fires can start for many reasons. It is important to know some of the ways house fires can start so you know how to prevent them! Below is a list of 8 ways fires can start in your Bratenahl home.
- Cooking accidents: Unattended cooking is one of the leading causes of house fires. Grease fires, food left on the stove too long, and other cooking mishaps can quickly lead to a fire.
- Electrical problems: Faulty wiring, overloaded outlets, and other electrical issues can cause sparks that ignite a fire.
- Smoking: Cigarettes, cigars, and pipes can easily start a fire if not properly extinguished.
- Candles: Unattended candles can easily start a fire if left too close to combustible materials such as curtains or furniture.
- Heating equipment: Space heaters, furnaces, and other heating equipment can cause fires if not properly maintained.
- Children playing with matches or lighters: Children should never be allowed to play with matches or lighters, as they can easily start a fire.
- Dryers: Clogged dryer vents can cause lint to build up and ignite a fire.
- Fireplaces: Improperly maintained fireplaces can cause sparks that ignite a fire.
Make sure to stay on the lookout for these things in your University Heights home. If you do experience a fire in your home, SERVPRO of Beachwood and Cleveland Northeast have the expertise and equipment to restore your property to “Like it never even happened.” For immediate assistance call (216) 464-4498 or visit our Website for more information.