How to Prevent Damage from Winter Storms in Euclid
Heavy snowstorms are bound to sweep through Euclid. There are certain things to look for after a storm to see if your Euclid home incurred damage.
Heavy snowstorms are bound to sweep through Euclid. There are certain things you could look for after a storm to see if your Euclid home incurred any damage. Here is what to expect from the first heavy snowstorm of the year.
What to Check After a Snowstorm
- Make sure the batteries in your carbon monoxide detector are working. This is important as most homes will lose electricity during a blizzard and must burn wood or fuel inside the home to stay warm.
- Check for broken water pipes and shut off the water supply until a professional can come and repair them.
- Look around your home and check for any broken or shattered windows. Temporary fixes include covering them with plywood or taping blankets for insulation.
- Listen to a radio for any roadblocks or emergency announcements.
- If you have a chimney, make sure there is no structural damage. You don’t want to light a fire and have the smoke backing up into your home.
- It’s important that you check for broken tree limbs as well. They could fall later and damage your yard or even cause potential injury.
SERVPRO of Beachwood and Cleveland Northeast are fire and water damage restoration specialists. We are always here to help, 24/7. Give us a call at (216) 464-4498 for immediate assistance or visit our Website!