What to Do in Case of a Fire at Your Cleveland School
Every school has their own guidelines on what to do in case a fire occurs. Each school has a unique escape plan as well as guidelines to follow. Below we will share a general overview on what is to be expected of students, faculty, and guests in case of a fire emergency at school.
Steps to Take When Evacuating
University of Little Rock advises to:
- Immediately pull the nearest fire alarm pull station as you exit the building.
- When evacuating the building, be sure to feel doors for heat before opening them to be sure there is no fire danger on the other side.
- If there is smoke in the air, stay low to the ground, especially your head, to reduce inhalation exposure. Keep your hand on the wall to prevent disorientation and crawl to the nearest exit.
- Once away and clear from danger, call your report contact and inform them of the fire.
- Go to your refuge area and await further instructions from emergency personnel.
SERVPRO of Beachwood and Cleveland Northeast are fire and water damage restoration specialists. We are always Here to Help, 24/7. If a fire does occur in your home, give us a call at (216) 464-4498 for immediate assistance, or visit our Website!