Kitchen Fire Safety in Beachwood, OH
To prevent kitchen fires, it is first important to know what causes them! There are many different ways a fire can start in the kitchen. Some of those ways are listed below:
- Leaving flammable objects near gas stove
- Leaving cooking food unattended
- Leaving turned on oven unattended
- Putting flammable objects in the microwave
Here are a couple of more ways to practice kitchen safety from sanjoseca.gov:
- Turn pot handles toward the back of the stove. This way, they cannot be bumped into, and children cannot grab them.
- Keep a fire extinguisher nearby. Make sure you have the correct type of extinguisher and know how to effectively use it.
- Keep cooking equipment clean. Crumbs in a toaster, built-up grease on the stovetop, and excess dust behind your appliances are fire hazards.
SERVPRO of Beachwood/Shaker Heights/Cleveland Heights specializes in fire and water - restoration and cleanup. We understand that if you have experienced a disaster, you need someone you can call on 24/7. Call us at any time, day, or night at (216) 932-4498 or visit our Website. We are always Here to Help!