Kitchen Fire Safety in Beachwood, OH
To prevent kitchen fires, it is first important to know what causes them! There are many different ways a fire can start in the kitchen. Some of those ways are listed below:
- Leaving flammable objects near gas stove
- Leaving cooking food unattended
- Leaving turned on oven unattended
- Putting flammable objects in the microwave
Here are a couple of more ways to practice kitchen safety from sanjoseca.gov:
- Turn pot handles toward the back of the stove. This way, they cannot be bumped into, and children cannot grab them.
- Keep a fire extinguisher nearby. Make sure you have the correct type of extinguisher and know how to effectively use it.
- Keep cooking equipment clean. Crumbs in a toaster, built-up grease on the stovetop, and excess dust behind your appliances are fire hazards.
SERVPRO of of Beachwood and Cleveland Northeast is a leader in fire and water cleanup and restoration, and we serve the communities of Pepper Pike, Mayfield Heights, and Northeast Cleveland.
Call us at any time, day, or night at (216) 932-4498 or visit our Website. We are always Here to Help!