10 Fire Summer Safety Tips to Protect Your Cuyahoga Heights Homes
Here are 10 tips to ensure fire safety in your Brooklyn Heights home while you enjoy your summer plans, according to the United States Fire Administration:
1. Build campfires at least 10 feet away from homes and at least 25 feet away from tents, plants, and overhanging branches.
2. Do not set off your own fireworks or sparklers, as these can reach up to over 1000 degrees Fahrenheit and can result in third-degree burns. If you would like to see fireworks, go to a public showing produced by experts.
3. Make sure to only use grills outdoors. Using them indoors can cause house fires or carbon monoxide poisoning. Maintain a three foot safety zone around your grill that will keep children, pets, and your Newburgh Heights home safe.
4. Only use grills on the ground floor. Using them on porches and balconies leads to a higher risk for house fires.
5. Keep a three foot safety zone around your grill, maintaining the safety of children, pets, and the house.
6. Open your gas grill before lighting.
7. Do not walk away from your lit grill, keep an eye on it at all times to prevent fires.
8. Clean your grill after each use, removing grease that has the potential to start a fire.
9. Place coals from your grill in a metal with a lid once they have cooled.
10. Wear short sleeves or roll them up and use long-handled barbecue tools while cooking on the grill.
If you have suffered damage from a fire or other disaster at your Cleveland home or business, call SERVPRO of Beachwood and Cleveland Northeast at 216-464-4498.