Preventing Frozen Pipes in Cleveland Heights, Ohio
It's that time of year and the temperatures are dropping in Cleveland Heights, Ohio. Click this link for a few tips from the Red Cross to help prevent frozen pipes!
1) Keep garage doors closed if there are water supply lines in the garage.
2) Open kitchen and bathroom cabinet doors to allow warmer air to circulate around the plumbing. Be sure to move any harmful cleaners and household chemicals up out of the reach of children.
3) When the temperature is very low outside, let the cold water drip from faucets served by exposed pipes or pipes in exterior walls. Running water through the pipe - even at a trickle - helps prevent pipes from freezing because the temperature of the water running through it is above freezing.
4) Keep the thermostat set to the same temperature both during the day and at night. By temporarily suspending the use of lower nighttime temperatures, you may incur a higher heating bill, but you can prevent damage if pipes freeze and burst.
5) If you will be going away during cold weather, leave the heat on in your home, set to a temperature no lower than 55ºF.
SERVPRO of Beachwood and Cleveland Northeast is here 24/7 if you need our help. Call us today 216-464-4498! We extend our services throughout the Cleveland area including, but not limited to: Shaker Heights, Euclid, and Pepper Pike.