Tips-Saving Money on Energy Costs During The Winter
“While setting the thermostat to the right temperatures can improve the comfort of one’s home, it is not the only way to do so. Other ways for a homeowner to minimize energy usage and costs, while improving the overall environment inside of his or her home include:
- Wear warmer clothing and consider setting the temperature to lower than 72 degrees to see more savings on energy bills.
- Inspect and regularly replace filters.
- Get an inspection and furnace tune up before the arrival of winter to get the furnace ready for the season.
- Inspect the home for drafts and leaks. Seal up any cracks, holes or gaps in the home’s entryways, walls, and foundation to prevent thermal energy from escaping.
- Use weather stripping on doors and windows that are used frequently.
- Caulk or seal the windows and any unused exterior doors.
- Set the water tank temperature to 120 degrees to reduce thermal energy costs.
- Open the curtains or blinds to let the sunlight in to help heat the home.
- Rearrange furniture so that no one has to sit where there may be drafts coming in.
- Check all pipes and faucets for leaks. Insulate the pipes by covering them with a blanket.
Prior to the cold weather setting in, homeowners should make every effort to winterize their home. Stop playing with the thermostat and get more enjoyment out of your home by making it as energy efficient as possible.”
For more information, please continue reading at: http://www.assuredclimate.com/ideal-temperature-set-heat-winter-save-money/
SERVPRO of Beachwood, Shaker Heights, Cleveland Heights and SERVPRO of South Euclid, Lyndhurst, and Pepper Pike at 216-464-4498….here to help! We service Beachwood, Shaker Heights, Cleveland, South Euclid, Lyndhurst, and Pepper Pike and surrounding communities. Let our professional team do the cleanup with the proper procedures to keep you, your home or company safe. Call us today.