“Scott’s Preliminary 2016 Summer Recap”
The following was written by Scott Sabol on September 2, 2016 and can be located online at http://fox8.com/2016/09/02/scotts-preliminary-2016-summer-recap/ . Please click the link to read the entire online article.
- “Temperatures in Cleveland (June-August) were the warmest on recordbeating out 2nd place 1949.
- We only broke 3 record high temperatures. Last year we didn’t break one record. The most ever was in 1988 with 10.
- 53 of the 92 days in Cleveland were at/above 85 degrees, 2nd most ever. It was the most since 1949. Last summer we only had 22.
- 28 of the 92 nights in Cleveland were at/above 70 degrees. That was the 3rd most everand the most since 1931. Last summer we only had 4.
- Rainfall this summer 7.44″ (June-August) was 4th lowest since 1968. Only 2002, 1991 and 1988 lower. Last year we had almost double the rainfall.
- Lastly, only 16 days with high temperatures in the 60s and 70s. Lowest since 1952, 2nd lowest number of “mild” days ever.
- We never went more than 3 straight days in the 70s.
- 35 straight days in the 80s and 90s (July 17 to August 20). Thethird longest stretch of warmth ever and the longest since a 42 day stretch of 80s and 90s in 1955 (June 27 to August 27)
- Only 20 of the 92 days were below average. That hasn’t happened since 1949 when we had 18. Last year we had 42! None of those 20 days were more than 10 degrees under the average. That hasn’t happened since 1953. Last summer we had 10 days that were more than 10 degrees below average”
SERVPRO of Beachwood, Shaker Heights, Cleveland Heights and SERVPRO of South Euclid, Lyndhurst, and Pepper Pike at 216-464-4498….here to help! We service Beachwood, Shaker Heights, Cleveland, South Euclid, Lyndhurst, and Pepper Pike and surrounding communities. Let our professional team do the cleanup with the proper procedures to keep you, your home or company safe.