Hanukkah Candle Safety Tips
- “Never leave a lit menorah unattended.
- Place menorahs on tall, sturdy surfaces like kitchen counters and dining room tables, out of reach from pets and small children.
- Never light a menorah near curtains, plants, tablecloths or decorations.
- Sit the menorah atop a nonflammable surface (we always used aluminum foil) to catch wax drippings or a falling candle.
- Secure candles in their holders by slightly melting the wax at the bottom of each candle before placing in the menorah.
- Only use electric menorahs on windowsills.
- When plugging in an electric menorah, keep infants and toddlers away from the socket (and be sure to check for frayed wires before using).
- Keep matches and stick lighters away from young children.
- Test thesmoke detectorsin your house and have a fire extinguisher nearby in case the unthinkable happens.”
For more information, please continue reading at: http://www.vivint.com/neighborhood/safe-neighbor/safety-tips-for-lighting-the-hanukkah-menorah/ by PJ Feinstein.
SERVPRO of Beachwood, Shaker Heights, Cleveland Heights 216-464-4498….here to help!