A Few Mold Facts
When we are called about possible mold in a home, people always ask what should we know? Here are a few things:
- Potential health effects and symptoms associated with mold exposures include allergic reactions, asthma and other respiratory complaints.
- There is no practical way to eliminate all mold and mold spores in the indoor environment; the way to control indoor mold growth is to control moisture.
- If mold is a problem in your home or school, you must clean up the mold and eliminate sources of moisture.
- Fix the source of the water problem or leak to prevent mold growth.
- Reduce indoor humidity (to 30-60%) to decrease mold growth by:
- Venting bathrooms, dryers and other moisture-generating sources to the outside
- Using air conditioners and de-humidifiers
- Increasing ventilation
- Using exhaust fans whenever cooking, dishwashing and cleaning
For more facts and information, go to https://www.epa.gov/mold/ten-things-you-should-know-about-mold
SERVPRO of Beachwood, Shaker Heights, Cleveland Heights 216-464-4498….here to help!