Cleaning Your Work Area Is Important
Is your work space clean? Do you know what can happen if your work space is not clean?
“Here are some results of poor housekeeping practices:
- Injuries, when employees trip, fall, strike or are struck by out-of-place objects;
- Injuries from using improper tools because the correct tool can't be found;
- Lowered production because of the time spent maneuvering over and around someone else's mess, and time spent looking for proper tools and materials;
- Time spent investigating and reporting accidents that could have been avoided;
- Fires due to improper storage and disposal of flammable or combustible materials and wastes;
- Substandard quality of finished products because of production schedule delays, damaged or defective finishes, ill-equipped employees, etc.;
- Lack of future work due to a reputation for poor quality;
- "Wall-to-wall" OSHA inspections due to the "first impression" of the compliance officer.”
Please continue reading the online article located at: http://www.toolboxtopics.com/Gen%20Industry/Housekeeping%20is%20Safe-Keeping%20at%20Work.htm
SERVPRO of Beachwood, Shaker Heights, Cleveland Heights 216-464-4498….here to help!