Happy National Fire Pup Day from SERVPRO of Beachwood and Cleveland Northeast
October 1st was National Fire Pup Day! This day is set aside to celebrate all the canine firefighters across the country- you know, those adorable Dalmatians that are tantamount with fire houses and fire trucks. These mascots have been associated with firefighters since the 1700s. While men rode on horse-drawn carts to respond to a fire, these brave dogs would run alongside horses and clear the way for safety.
How do you clear the way for safety in your everyday home or work life you may ask? It’s a lot easier job than the Dalmatians had. By being proactive you can provide a safe exit in case of emergency:
- Do not clutter up exit paths- make sure they are always clear. It is against the law to block emergency exits!
- Think of multiple exits strategies in advance based on your location
- Know the locations of fire extinguishers and/or fire alarm stations
- Make sure all smoke detectors are functioning and the batteries are changed at least every six months
- Have a fire evacuation plan
SERVPRO of Beachwood and Cleveland Northeast would like to encourage you to prepare for any emergency, especially fire emergencies. Let’s spread the word of fire self-preparedness along with celebrating these adorable, courageous animal icons. Call us at (216) 464-4498 for our services surrounding the Cleveland, Beachwood, and Shaker Heights area.