In floods how to preserve documents
In large storms or any type of water flood in your home theres a few things you can do to protect important documents.
First and foremost use zip lock bags. They will protect documents from water. You can keep anything you deep important in these and just use them from the bags. This way you're prepared if an unexpected flood occurs.
If a storm is coming you can use your dishwasher for important documents. Your dishwater will not let water inside of it and because it is attached to cabinets it is less likely to be destroyed in events like tornadoes or hurricanes.
Some items to consider storing are:
- Driver's license, photo ID
- Emergency contact list or address book (even if contacts are stored in a smartphone)
- Insurance policies (health, home, auto)
- Vital documents (birth certificates, passports, wills)
- Bank account information (account numbers, passwords)
- Photocopies of credit and debit cards (front and back)
- Stock certificates, investment information
- Extra keys (home, safe deposit box, office and car)"
For more information visit: