Hot Weather in Cleveland Ohio
Here are some tips taken directly from http://www.cdc.gov/disasters/extremeheat/heattips.html to help prevent heat related illness. Please remember this just a few and the website offers many more, so please click on the link provided and read the entire list.
· "Drink more fluids (nonalcoholic), regardless of your activity level. Don’t wait until you’re thirsty to drink. Warning: If your doctor generally limits the amount of fluid you drink or has you on water pills, ask your doctor how much you should drink while the weather is hot.
· Don’t drink liquids that contain alcohol or large amounts of sugar–these actually cause you to lose more body fluid. Also, avoid very cold drinks, because they can cause stomach cramps.
· Stay indoors and, if at all possible, stay in an air-conditioned place. If your home does not have air conditioning, go to the shopping mall or public library–even a few hours spent in air conditioning can help your body stay cooler when you go back into the heat. Call your local health department to see if there are any heat-relief shelters in your area.
· Electric fans may provide comfort, but when the temperature is in the high 90s, fans will not prevent heat-related illness. Taking a cool shower or bath, or moving to an air-conditioned place is a much better way to cool off.
· Wear lightweight, light-colored, loose-fitting clothing.
· NEVER leave anyone in a closed, parked vehicle.”
SERVPRO of Beachwood, Shaker Heights, Cleveland Heights and SERVPRO of South Euclid, Lyndhurst, and Pepper Pike at 216-464-4498….here to help! We service Beachwood, Shaker Heights, Cleveland, South Euclid, Lyndhurst, and Pepper Pike and surrounding communities. Let our professional team do the cleanup with the proper procedures to keep you, your home or company safe.