Fall Storms are Inevitable!
Fall Storms are Inevitable
If you have lived in Northeast Ohio for a minimum of a year, you know that fall rainstorms are serious business. As you are preparing your home for the new season, it’s best to keep a few of these in mind:
* Install or update your sump pump! Excessive rain can quickly fill your basement with water. It only takes a few inches of water to cause over $10,000 in damage and sump pump actuates automatically to remove water before it accumulates. If you already own a sumo pump, be sure to test it by pouring water into the basin to ensure the pump is in working order. Consider adding a battery back up feature to give you an extra piece of mind should a power outage occur.
* Inspect your roof for any leaks!
* Schedule annual maintenance on your heating system and even your fireplace! Clear out any charred wood from the fireplace and all a professional to clean the chimney. To beat the rush, make these annual appointments before the weather drops and professionals have a waiting list.
* Drain your water heater and clear out any debris that may collected in the tank. You will want to drain any outdoor faucets and sprinklers.
* Update your smoke alarm’s batteries!
If your commercial or residential building has water damage from a roof leak, Call SERVPRO of Beachwood / Shaker Heights / Cleveland Heights or SERVPRO of South Euclid / Lyndhurst / Pepper Pike at 216-464-4498 and let us make it "Like it never even happened."®