Summer BBQ Safety Tips
The weather is starting to warm up and the smell of BBQ is in the air. Before you roll out your trusty grill for the season, remember these 5 simple tips to prevent any fire damage to your home:
- Keep your grill at least 10 feet away from the house and ensure it is located on a flat, level surface.
- Keep a fire extinguisher within a couple of steps of the grill
- Always clean the grill after use and check for gas leaks
- Keep decorations (hanging baskets, umbrellas, etc.) away from the grill
- Keep a spray bottle of water close while using the grill
You can see more grilling safety tips at the National Fire Protection Association website here https://www.nfpa.org/Public-Education/Fire-causes-and-risks/Seasonal-fire-causes/Grilling.
If you experience damage to your home or commercial property, call SERVPRO of Beachwood / Shaker Heights / Cleveland Heights at 440-464-4498 and we’ll make it “Like it never even happened.”