How to Prepare for Storms in Beachwood Ohio
It’s Summer in Ohio and where people are dreaming of cookouts and swimming at the lake, we must still remember the rainy days that come with Summer! When heavy rain hits the area for an extended amount of time, the excess water can cause damage to your home and your wallet!
Preparing in advance is the best way to reduce damages caused by heavy rainstorms.
- Clean your gutters (once in the Spring and again in the Fall)
- Check downspouts and make sure they direct water flow away from the home
- Check your basement regularly for standing water or moisture
- Have an assessment done on your roof
- Ensure your Homeowner’s / Renter’s Insurance is up to date
- Check seals around all windows, especially in the basement
- Install a sump pump in your basement with a battery backup
If you experience damage to your home or commercial property, call SERVPRO of Beachwood / Shaker Heights / Cleveland Heights at 440-464-4498 and we’ll make it “Like it never even happened.”