Fire Prevention Week-Candles
- “During 2009-2013, candles caused 3% of home fires, 3% of home fire deaths, 6% of home fire injuries, and 5% of direct property damage from home fires.
- On average, there are 25 home candle fires reported per day.
- More than one-third of these fires (36%) started in the bedroom; however, the candle industry found that only 13% of candle users burn candles in the bedroom most often.
- Nearly three in five candle fires start when things that can burn are too close to the candle.
- Falling asleep was a factor in 11% of the home candle fires and 30% of the associated deaths.”
Click the link to continue reading more of the online article.
SERVPRO of Beachwood, Shaker Heights, Cleveland Heights and SERVPRO of South Euclid, Lyndhurst, and Pepper Pike at 216-464-4498….here to help! We service Beachwood, Shaker Heights, Cleveland, South Euclid, Lyndhurst, and Pepper Pike and surrounding communities. Let our professional team do the cleanup with the proper procedures to keep you, your home or company safe.