Fire Prevention Week-Fire Facts
- “Half of home fire deaths result from fires reported between 11 p.m. and 7 a.m. when most people are asleep. Only one in five home fires were reported during these hours.
- One quarter of home fire deaths were caused by fires that started in the bedroom. Another quarter resulted from fires in the living room, family room or den.
- Three out of five home fire deaths happen from fires in homes with no smoke alarms or no working smoke alarms.
- In 2014, U.S. fire departments responded to an estimated 367,500 home structure fires. These fires caused 2,745 deaths, 11,825 civilian injuries, and $6.8 billion in direct damage.
- On average, seven people die in U.S. home fires per day.”
Click the link to continue reading more of the online article.
SERVPRO of Beachwood, Shaker Heights, Cleveland Heights and SERVPRO of South Euclid, Lyndhurst, and Pepper Pike at 216-464-4498….here to help! We service Beachwood, Shaker Heights, Cleveland, South Euclid, Lyndhurst, and Pepper Pike and surrounding communities. Let our professional team do the cleanup with the proper procedures to keep you, your home or company safe.