Put A Freeze on Winter Fires
According to the National Fire Protection Association, there is an increased risk of indoor fires during the winter months. Here are some ways to mitigate this risk:
-Only plug in one heat-producing appliance into an outlet at a time.
-Do not use an extension cord with a heat-producing appliance.
-Get your chimney and vents professionally cleaned every year.
-Keep cooled ashes outside at least 10 feet from your home in a covered metal container.
-Keep candles 12 inches away from anything that burns and consider switching to battery-operated candles instead.
-If additional wall outlets are needed, have an electrician come and install them.
-Ensure that you are using light bulbs that match the wattage that is recommended on the fixture.
-Keep anything that can burn at least 3 feet from any heating sources.
If you have suffered from any fire damage this winter, call SERVPRO of South Euclid / Lyndhurst / Pepper Pike at 216-464-4498. We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and we’ll make it "Like it never even happened."®