Happy Employee Appreciation Day!
Celebrate Employee Appreciation Day on March 6th, 2020 by enforcing a Fire Safety Plan! Having an escape plan set in place allows each member to know where to go and what to do in case of a fire. To aid in putting together a safety plan for your office, answer these four main questions, based on information from Ready.gov:
- How will everyone receive emergency alerts?
- What is the shelter plan?
- What is the evacuation route?
- What is the communication plan?
It is also important to install and regularly test smoke alarms. Having these in the office will increase chances of a successful escape. Alarms should be installed on each floor of any office building and their batteries should be assessed monthly. For those with visual or auditory impairments, it is important that all fire alarms have sound AND light to ensure the safety of each and every worker.
Other things to keep in mind:
- Make digital copies of important files.
- Install automatic sprinklers on each floor of your office building.
- Call your local fire department to receive more information on safety protocols, use of fire extinguishers, and other training techniques.
If you have suffered damage from a storm or other disaster at your home or business, call SERVPRO of Beachwood / Shaker Heights / Cleveland Heights at 216-464-4498.