June is National Safety Month-Smoke Alarms
Every home and business should have working smoke alarms. Batteries need to be changed at least twice a year. A good time to change batteries is in the fall and spring when changing our clocks.
The following tips were provided by and copied directly from: http://www.nfpa.org/public-education/by-topic/smoke-alarms
Please click on the link to continue reading for more tips!
· Install smoke alarms inside and outside each bedroom and sleeping area.
· Install alarms on every level of the home. Install alarms in the basement.
· Large homes may need extra smoke alarms.
· It is best to use interconnected smoke alarms. When one smoke alarm sounds they all sound.
· Test all smoke alarms at least once a month. Press the test button to be sure the alarm is working.
This information was copied from the above link as a source of information and was not written by SERVPRO of Beachwood.
SERVPRO of Beachwood, Shaker Heights, Cleveland Heights and SERVPRO of South Euclid/Lyndhurst/Pepper Pike 216-464-4498...Here to help