June is National Safety Month- Creating a Safety Management Program
There are many things that can be done to create a safe workplace program. Travelers Insurance online wrote an article with lots of great tips.
The following portion was copied directly from: https://www.travelers.com/resources/workplace-safety/how-to-create-a-safety-management-program.aspx
- Demonstrate management involvement – Management must lead by example. A visible demonstration that you embrace a safety culture is imperative to its success. Provide the essential time, budget and resources to create and support a safety program.
- Communicate your safety plan clearly – Your safety plan must be published and available to all employees. Reminders and updates should be timely and effective. Allow employees to contribute their suggestions to making the workplace safer.
- Get everyone involved – A safety program is likely to be more effective when employees at all levels are involved. Standardized policies should outline responsibilities and accountability for all employees. Safety goals can become part of job descriptions and employee reviews. Safety committees can help ensure that safety practices are understood and reinforced throughout the company. Positive reinforcement of safe behaviors can be an effective way to help build the desired culture.
- Train your employees to work safely – Safety training should begin from the moment an employee is hired. Ongoing training is also essential to creating a safety culture.
- Review, revise, improve – A safety program should be dynamic, especially since most business environments continue to evolve. An effective safety program should be flexible enough to adjust to changes. Regularly review, evaluate and identify risks that could affect safety, and make the changes necessary to keep your workplace safe."
Please click the link above to read more tips!
This information was copied from the above link as a source of information and was not written by SERVPRO of Beachwood.
SERVPRO of Beachwood, Shaker Heights, Cleveland Heights and SERVPRO of South Euclid/Lyndhurst/Pepper Pike 216-464-4498...Here to help!